In the "good, old days," it was convenient for people to meet at the corner drug store to grab a bite to eat, enjoy a hand-dipped milk shake, pick up a prescription, buy some candy for the kids, and find gifts and greeting cards for every occasion. Situated on the corner of Fair Oaks Avenue and Mission Street in historic South Pasadena, California, Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain brings back the days when the corner drug store was the social hub of America’s small towns.
Originally named the South Pasadena Pharmacy when it opened its doors in 1915, this South Pasadena landmark was known as the Raymond Pharmacy throughout the 1920s and ‘30s and was a popular rest stop on the westernmost end of Route 66. Today’s Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain was restored in the early 1990s to its original turn-of-the-century splendor. Authentic tin ceilings and honeycomb tile floors, and a complete set of antique pharmacy fixtures and an original soda fountain all the way from Joplin, Missouri, to round out the store’s vintage interior décor. Coincidentally the heirloom fixtures were purchased from the Me Gee pharmacy located in Joplin Missouri on Route 66!
Step inside Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain and you will find that while the ambiance may be "vintage," what we have to offer is thoroughly modern:
- Pharmacy - a state-of-the-art, computerized pharmaceutical facility that offers compounding to fit each individual patient’s needs and fertility medication. We accept most third-party insurance plans. And most importantly is a caring and compassionate pharmacy staff led by owner, and Pharmacist Dr. Zahra Shahniani.
- Total Health Center – consult with our clinical pharmacist about any of your health concerns. We offer blood pressure monitoring, medication reviews and emergency contraception. And when flu season hits, we are usually the first pharmacy to offer flu vaccinations!
- Soda Fountain – we use only the highest quality ice cream for our hand-dipped shakes & malts, fancy sundaes, ice cream cones and other frozen concoctions. Order an old-fashioned phosphate, lime rickey or egg cream and our specially-trained soda jerks will give you an authentic taste of a by-gone era. Our Lunch Menu features a wide variety of specialty sandwiches and salads, hot dogs and hamburgers.
- Gifts & Greeting Cards – We have every occasion covered, from Valentine’s Day to Christmas, baby gifts to 50th wedding anniversary cards! We specialize in retro memorabilia including unique toys and collectibles. And, whatever the season, expect to find distinctive, one-of-a-kind gifts elaborately displayed throughout the store.
- Bath & Body – from the familiar Crabtree & Evelyn, Caswell-Massey, Thymes Ltd. to the trendy Blue Q, Primal Elements, Archipelago Botanicals. And we carry the full line of Ahava skin care products. We offer only the finest lines of bath and body products. Jewelry from Liz Palacios and La Vie Parisienne by Catherine Popesco. Fashion accessories and apparel from Loop NYC, Lounge Fly, Tokyo Bay, Red Tango, Junk Food and Mighty Fine.
- Vintage & Unusual Candy- If you’re looking for vintage and unusual candy look no further we’ve got it! From Black Jack gum to Mary Jane.
for our Store Hours.